AMD Turbo CORE Technology
- The AMD FX Processors come equipped with AMD Turbo CORE Technology. AMD Turbo CORE Technology is a performance boosting technology that helps increase performance on the applications that need it the most.
New Instruction Capabilities
- AVX Advanced Vector Extensions increase parallelism tailored for scientific and 3D applications that use heavy floating point calculations
- FMA4 and XOP Floating Point Vector Multiply -Accumulate improves throughput and performance on many vector functions (integer and floating point)
- AES Advanced Encryption Standard noticeably increase performance on the latest encryption applications like TrueCrypt and benchmarks like PCMark
AMD Wide Floating Point Accelerator
- Shared FP Scheduler
- Dual 128-bit Floating point engines - capable of teaming together for 256-bit AVX instructions or operating separately with each core.
- One 16-bit link at up to 5600MT/s
- Up to 8.0GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth; Up to 16GB/s in HyperTransport Generation 3.0 mode
- Up to 37GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth (HyperTransport bus + memory bus)
Benefit: Quick access times to system I/O for better performance.
Integrated DRAM Controller with AMD Memory Optimizer Technology
- A high-bandwidth, low-latency integrated memory controller
- Supports up to DDR3-18662
- Supports new low voltage memories of 1.35V and 1.2V
- Up to 29.9GB/s memory bandwidth for DDR3
- New Pre-Fetcher improvements
- Direct communications to each core in Dual-Core module (APIC registers in each core)
Benefit: Optimized memory controller to feed more cores
AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™) Technology with IOMMU
- Silicon feature-set enhancements designed to improve the performance, reliability, and security of existing and future virtualization environments by allowing virtualized applications with direct and rapid access to their allocated memory.
- OMMU is an extension to AMD64 architecture to support address translation and access protection on DMA transfers Security for User Level application and Virtual Machine guest operating system -Address translation and access control
- Device isolation
- Device assignment in virtualized systems
- Security & trusted boot support
- Unified interrupt management
Benefit: Helps virtualization software to run more securely and efficiently enabling a better experience when dealing with virtual systems
AMD PowerNow!™ Technology (Cool'n'Quiet™ Technology)
- Enhanced power management features which automatically and instantaneously adjusts performance states and features based on processor performance requirements
- C6 power state for cache flush, and voltage down individual core
- CC6 power state allows all cores in C6 to power even lower ?For quieter operation and reduced power requirements
- Separate memory controller power control
- IO-based c-state interface
- Works automatically without the need for drivers or BIOS enablement.
- Power can be switched on or off within a single clock cycle, saving energy with no impact to performance.
Benefit: Helps users get more efficient performance by dynamically activating or turning off parts of the processor.